Van Dam has strong experience fabricating customized process skids completely from the steel structure frames with client specified static equipment. We are able to modularly skid such items as Pressure Vessels, Shell & Tube as well as Air Cooled Heat Exchangers. Our custom solutions include such items as interconnecting piping, instrumentation and controls and always include the proper Factory Acceptance Test (FAT).
We are able to provide a complete solution from engineering up to the logistics and deliver to jobsite within the US and abroad.
Our Dry-Dock facilities allow us to deliver in barges without dimensional limitations.
Our Scope of work includes:
1. Project Management
2. Structural, Mechanical, Hydraulical, Instrumentation & Controls Design
3. Shop Drawings: Structure, equipment, ladders, & Platforms, Pipe Spools, Valves, Instrumentation
4. Fabrication of all ASME Static Equipment, spools, Steel Structures, Ladders & Platforms
5. Procurement Piping, valves, special items and accessories All associated instrumentation as indicated in the P & ID's
6. Assembly of all the elements into the Skid, make any modifications or adjustments
7. Inspection and Quality Assurance including Fabrication Acceptance Tests (FAT)
8. Protective coatings, Insulation shipping Route Study, Package
Our Port Arthur facility has 1,000 feet of deepwater quayside space and provides repair teams for rig maintenance and upgrades to customers in many regions outside the U.S. Gulf.
Our Galveston facility offers a multitude of diverse services to its customers, such as dry dock and rig repair services as well as support for conversion, surveying, repair, retrofitting, maintenance and general services to a wide variety of vessels, including jack-ups, semi-submersibles, barges, and MSVs. Capabilities of our Galveston facility include modifications, reclassification, topside repairs, installation, staging, sea fastening and modular fabrication.
Main available Machines and Equipment :
QUALITY CONTROL AND EQUIPMENT
* ASME Certified Shop with U Div 1, U Div 2, S, R and NB
* Design and Manufacture according to ASME, API 650, AWS, AASHTO, ASTM, AISC , COVENIN, Standards as well as Client’s Specifications.
*Welding Procedures for SAW, GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW (Outer and Inner Shield) for Carbon Steel, Stainless Steels and especial metals such as Monel, Inconel, Duplex, Super duplex etc.
We have our own NDT equipment and Inspectors (Level III, II, I) to Perform:
X Ray Test ( own and third party)
Ultrasonic Test (UT)
Magnetic Test , Humid and Dry (MT)
Positive Material Identification
CUTTING EQUIPMENT, PUNCHING, SAWING EQUIPMENT
* Plasma Cutting CNC with Water Table (Lincoln-Torchmate- USA)
* Oxy Fuel-cutting tables with Two Simultaneous Gantries for Plate Cutting & Beveling with Tandem Torch Tips (Messer- Germany)
* Oxy Fuel-Cutting Optical Pantographs (Tanaka- Japan)
* Iron Workers (USA)
* Circular Saw (USA)
* Shears of several sizes and capacities for Carbon and Stainless Steel as well as for Aluminum (USA – Germany).
* Automatic CNC- Saw for Profiles (Kaltenbach- Germany)
* Slitter (DELTA)
* Bug-O Type Oxy Cutting equipment
* Portable Plasma Cutting Machines.
* CNC Radial Drill (Kolb- Germany)
* Several Radial Drills some are Semiportable (USA – Germany – Spain).
* CNC Drill for plates ( Compustep - Canada )
* CNC 3 Axes Drill with conveyors (WAGNER – Germany)
* Stainless Steel and Hard Materials Beveling and Milling (SOUTHWORT-USA)
* Vertical Lathes up to 96” (Cincinati – USA)
* Boring Mils
* Horizontal Lathes
* Roller up to 42 mm (BERTSCH – Germany)
* Roller up to 2” (Casanova – Italy)
* ROLL-FORMER (roofing & Siding) (HORSBURCH
* Press Brake up to 2.500 Tons.(max cap) (Pacific – USA)
* Press Brake up to 500 Tons.(max cap) (Bliss -USA)
* Press Brake up to 100 ton cap (Artman)
* Small Prass Brakes of several capacities.
* Submerged Arc Welding automatic machine with 4 simultaneous welding tips or Profile Fabrication in Vertical Position (Conrac – Lincoln – USA)
* Submerged Arc Welding Tandem for Profiles in Horizontal Position ( Ogden)
* Several Submerged Arc Welding portable machines ( Lincoln)
* SMAW Welding machines.
* Positioners, Turning Rolls, Manipulators of different capacities (Aronson, Pandjiris etc – USA)
* Welding Stations, Side Beams & Carriages using SAW for Pressure vessels longitudinal & Circunferential seams.
* GMAW, GTAW, FCAW (Outer and Inner Shield) welding Machines.
* Arc Gauging Torches.
SURFACE PREPARATION AND PAINTING
* Automated Shot Blasting , Painting and Drier System with conveyors (Metzger – Gutman , Germany)
* Portable Shot Blasting Machines (Vacu-Blast, USA)
* Painting Room for ASME Equipment with Shot/Sand Blasting – USA)
* Sand Blasting equipment and Yard.
LIFTING AND TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT
* 30 Overhead Cranes of different capacities distributed over the Shop Aisles.
* Truck 45 Mton Cap (Mack – USA)
* Low Boy 70 Mton Cap
* ForkLifts 5, 15 MTon Ca. (Clark)
* Crane 45 Mton (Bucyrus)
* Crane 35 MTons